I spent a week in London in May 2012. Here's the
story of my visit, and some photos.
- haggis dinner with Kathleen and Euan (Canadians look at me in shock
when I tell them I like haggis, and I have no problem
with its ingredient list - truly)
- RAF Museum in Hendon, particularly the Sopwith Dolphin
- having a Venison burger
- sculptures at the Victoria & Albert Museum
- riding the Docklands Light Railway Canary Wharf branch
- seeing all four of John Harrison's chronometers in Greenwich
- Dim Sum at Dragon Palace in Earl's Court, so much better than
anything I've had in Toronto for years
- seeing "Cupid and Psyche" by Sir Joshua Reynolds and Peter Paul
Rubens' "Baldesssare Castiglione" [sic] at the Courtald Collection
- buying a bottle of Laphroaig PX Cask - "PX" is "Pedro Ximenez"